Cateck Premium 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub Exclusively Designed For iMac Slim Unibody. It adds 4 USB 3.0 ports to the front side of your iMac. There is no more need to twist cables to get to the ports vertically, Now you can easily access 4 ports at an ergonomic angle! Its sleek aluminum design the perfect complement to your iMac computer. It does not require any software or complicated installation process. With a slim design, it saves you precious desktop space.
• Adds 4 USB 3.0 ports to your computer; Built-in surge protector safeguards your devices
• Easy to set up, Plug & Play, Hot swappable
• Saves on syncing time with data transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps
• Compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 specifications.
• Mac OS X 10.6 & higher
• Windows 98SE /ME /2000 /XP /Vista /7/8 /10
• Linux 2.4 or above
• Cateck® USB 3.0 Premium 4 Port Aluminum USB Hub
• Two Screws
• 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
• This hub is not designed to serve as a standalone charger and will not charge an iPad tablet or any other device with non-standard charge requirements.
• For a stable connection, the devices connected to the 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub must not exceed a combined current of 5 volts 900 mAh. External hard-drives should be connected to an external power source.
Make every effort to solve your doubt
+ My Western Digital hard drive cannot be recognized by your hub? How to fix it?
This could be to do with the firmware on your Western Digital hard drive. Try installing new firmware, downloadable from the Western Digital website.
+ Will the current requirement of my devices influence Cateck hub's performance?
For maximum performance, connected devices should not exceed the combined current of the output of hub. Otherwise, output current may become unstable or disconnect entirely. See some commonly used devices' general requirements below:
250G Hard drive – 600mA
4G Flash drive – 100mA
64G SSD – 400mA
100M Network adapter – 500mA
Keyboards and mice and other peripheral devices – 100mA (or less)
The ratings above are estimates only. Please check your specific device's ratings before connecting to the hub.
+ Why is the WIFI on my Mac affected by the hub?
USB 3.0 connectors and cables can radiate interference in the 2.4 GHz spectrum that causes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals to intermittently drop out when they're near the antennas. You can refer to the link below for further reference: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html
For the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, those antennas happen to be near the screen hinges along the back of the computer. Moving the hub away from this area could help to improve your WiFi signal.